Miller Waste Systems Inc. is a leading waste management company focused on providing our customers, employees, and communities with sustainable solutions.
With a growing fleet of over 1000 collection vehicles and over 2,000 employees, we have branch operations throughout Ontario, Manitoba, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. Miller Waste specializes in waste and recycling collection, dumpster bin rentals, compost, and landscaping materials, processing and marketing of materials as well as the design, construction and operation of waste diversion facilities.
Health, Wellbeing and Safety
- We care about the health, wellbeing, and safety of our employees.
- We care that they work in a supportive cultures that fosters growth and development.
- We are committed to customers, communities, the environment, and to each other.
- We accept personal accountability for our actions and behaviour.
- We are committed to maintaining a diverse, inclusive, collaborative, and respectful work environment.
- We are committed to providing appropriate resources and opportunities to employees.
- We are committed to providing reliable and trustworthy environmentally responsible waste management solutions.
- We are invested in the communities in which we live and work.
- We take pride in the role we play in our communities as a corporation and as individuals.
Getting to Know Us
A message from
our Owner and CEO
We are proud to invest and grow in the communities where we live and work.
Miller Waste Systems’ roots in waste management date back to the early 1960s, when the company began providing waste management services to the Town of Markham. Miller Waste has grown from a two-truck operation to a diverse waste management company today, providing a wide range of waste management services across Canadian provinces. We are inspired by the work of our founding family, who still own and operate the business today.
Our Commitment to the Environment
We are committed to providing reliable and trustworthy environmentally responsible waste management solutions.
Miller Waste acknowledges a responsibility to the environment and we have a commitment towards implementing practices that will promote environmental stability. We recognize the importance of resource preservation and concentrate on material recovery by assuring that recyclable waste is not only diverted from landfills, but sold and re-manufactured into consumable products. The recovery of used materials is paramount in avoiding the waste of potentially reusable, valuable materials.
At Miller Waste, there is no higher priority than our people. We are committed to maintaining a healthy, safe, and environmentally responsible workplace for all employees while we accomplish our work.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse, collaborative and respectful work environment, and provide the appropriate resources and opportunities to our people. We aim to provide a supportive culture that fosters continuous growth and development.
News & Awards
Tribute To Leo
We remember Leo Anthony McArthur, who will forever be associated with Miller Waste.
Leo was a giant in the industry and was among the first rank of Canadian entrepreneurs in his generation. In 1976, Leo and his partner business John Carrick purchased Miller Paving Limited.
Over the next 40 years, Leo vastly increased Miller’s size and reach across Canada and the United States. His career was characterized by hard work, integrity, and above all, a passionate commitment to all of Miller Waste Systems’ employees.
Leo was deeply involved in local community and industry affairs; his legacy and commitments will continue on with Miller Waste for years to come.