Safety, procedural soundness, and the protection of our environment are extremely important to Miller and to our success.
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- OHSAS 18001:2007
Miller is the only hazardous waste company in Canada that has combined the ISO 9001:2015, 14001:2015and OHSAS 18001:2007 standards into a complete Integrated Management System (IMS).
Miller strives to conduct business in a responsible and ethical manner, as outlined in our Integrated Management System (IMS) Statement:
Integrated Management System (IMS) Statement
(ISO 9001:2015; ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001:2007)
Miller Environmental Corporation is committed to compliance with our Quality; Environmental & Occupational Health & Safety Management Policies, as embodied here and in our Vision Statement.
As a leading industrial waste management company, we routinely perform:
- Waste transfer, movement, packaging, processing, storage and disposal – internal and external,
- Development of waste treatment alternatives
- Laboratory analysis of industrial waste and process samples,
- Continuously monitoring customer satisfaction through effective sales and marketing,
- Management of human resources & work practices in a safe and healthy manner,
- Management of the administrative and financial aspects in a profitable and sustainable manner,
- Development and maintenance of Management Information System (MIS) functions for the enhancement of sound business decisions, and
- Maintenance of regulatory, legal and other requirements when and where required.
In support of these activities, Miller Environmental Corporation has established procedures that ensure:
- Pollution prevention practices for the protection of health and safety, air, water, land, and property.
- Regulatory and reporting compliance augmented by effective internal and external communication.
- Innovative and cost effective solutions through safe and environmentally responsible waste management.
- Ongoing employee development with a focus on mandatory and activity specific training.
- Internal and external customer satisfaction through regular review and feedback.
- Continuous improvement through establishment and annual review of the policy, the Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety Management System with defined objectives and programmes.
These three highly recognized standards are critical elements within our IMS that allow Miller the ability to have procedural soundness on completing jobs, while taking into account our customer’s satisfaction, awareness of possible environmental impacts, as well as the safety and health concerns for each individual job and task we perform.
Miller utilizes a modified U.S. based waste tracking data base that allows Miller to track and follow each step in the management of waste from a customer’s site. This system allows for cradle to grave tracking of all waste and reports can be generated to accommodate a customer’s needs as required.
When customer orders are placed, an internal sales order is created. This sales order has a unique tracking number and contains both billing and pickup location information. This information is then printed on the movement document. All received waste is assigned a bar code and scanned into the system. Waste is subsequently “scanned out” when removed for disposal and/or recycling. The electronic tracking file is flagged as “open” until receipt of Certificate of Destruction verification is completed, thereby closing the acceptance of waste into inventory to the disposition of the material.
Miller Environmental Corporation
1803 Hekla Avenue
Phone: (204) 925-9600
Fax: (204) 925-9601