· Perform PM maintenance and repair waste vehicles and trucks, including hydraulics and electrical
· Maintain all required records and files for vehicle maintenance
· Clean the shop, paint rims, and generally maintain the appearance of the waste equipment
· Complete the above according to established MWS policies and procedures
· Other duties as assigned
· Be mechanically inclined and possess a strong work ethic.
· Possess a strong desire to learn and an ability to apply that knowledge during their daily duties.
· Your ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment is key as well as working in a team environment.
· The applicant will be required to be enrolled or enrol in, and successfully complete, the Truck & Transport Mechanic Apprenticeship
· You must posses your own basic hand tools
· You must be available to work late when trucks are behind schedule, as well you may be required to work weekends and holidays.
· You must hold a valid Nova Scotia driver license with air brake endorsement.
As an apprentice, you may be required to complete training assignments and homework assignments throughout your apprenticeship. Research and study play an important role in your career in the trade; therefore, your effort and attitude towards training, along with overall apprenticeship progress and trade aptitude, will be included in annual performance evaluations.