We are an organization of people who care for one another. Miller Waste has a strong commitment to safe work practices, built on shared responsibility among management, supervisors, and workers – with the support of a team of corporate health and safety professionals.
In fulfilling this commitment to protect both people and property, management will provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment, in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with legislative requirements.
Health and Safety training is the foundation of our successful health and safety management system. In addition to the transfer of knowledge and skills, training promotes a positive attitude and culture in which all parties collaborate to establish and maintain worksite safety.
As part of our health and safety management system, Miller Waste:
- Regularly conducts documented assessments and internal audits,
- Sets standards for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE),
- Has established Joint Health & Safety Committee’s and ensures its effectiveness,
- Plans and prepares for emergencies and emergency response,
- Regularly inspects our workplaces, equipment, and facilities, and corrects deficiencies,
- Reviews the performance of sub-contractors,
- Has established formal procedures for incident reporting and investigations,
- Performs on-going hazard analysis and risk assessments.
At Miller Waste, there is no higher priority than our people. We are committed to maintaining a healthy, safe, and environmentally responsible workplace for all employees while we accomplish our work.
Miller Waste acknowledges a responsibility to the environment and we have a commitment towards implementing practices that will promote environmental stability. Our Environmental Management System (EMS) provides a structured approach to fulfilling the needs of our employees, customers, and the public through a system of ongoing planning, implementation, auditing, corrective action, and management review.